The Expectant Dad’s Handbook is the new parenting manual written by Dean Beaumont, founder of DaddyNatal, that’s selling out a storm on Amazon. Read on for our man Dan’s review plus how to bag yourself a copy.
Dan is expecting his first baby in November. He writes: “As a dad to be I’ll be totally honest and admit this whole baby thing is a massive learning curve for me. With that in mind I jumped at the chance of reading this book and understanding more about my role as ‘dad’.
So what did I learn? Loads! Importantly what my role as a dad-to-be actually means and specifically how I can support Caroline throughout the pregnancy and when our baby arrives. The book is split into 3 key sections: Pregnancy, Labour & Birth and Life after Birth. Each one is incredibly insightful and is broken down into digestible sections meaning you take all the content in – there’s practical tips on everything from swaddling to nappy changing as well as tips on how to be emotionally supportive. I’m not a great book lover but found this an easy read. My wife got continually frustrated with me saying ‘did you know this Caroline?’ whilst I read the book.
Would I recommend this book to fellow dad’s to be? Absolutely. If you really want to support your partner through there pregnancy, this book will certainly help you do so. There’s no need to fear what others will think whilst you’re reading the book. My copy made it out to Greece with me and Caroline and 5 other couples for our last holiday together before Baby Marshall arrives. The lads cracked a few jokes on my choice of book but at the end of the day I’ll be a dad in less than 3 months so I want to know as much as I possibly can to help my wife.
What’s next? Well given all the insight I gave Caroline whilst reading the book, she’s now decided she wants to read it. I think she’ll get a lot from it. I’m also going to try and attend one of Dean’s Daddy natal classes. One of the team here has been (Daddy G – read his blog stories here) and said it was really insightful and great to be with likeminded dads to be.
My next book? I think I’ll got back to the iPad for a while. The transfer window has just passed and I’ve got a lot of catching up to do!”
HOW TO WIN THE EXPECTANT DAD’S HANDBOOK
To win a copy just enter a comment below telling us why you need this book in your life. You don’t need to write chapter and verse – a simple one-liner or even a one-worder will suffice! The closing date is 31st October.
Terms and conditions:
1. The competition is open to residents of the UK aged over 18, excluding employees of Kiddicare and Wm Morrison Supermarkets plc and their families and agents.
2. There are 10 prizes of The Expectant Dad’s Handbook.
3. Only one entry per person will be counted.
4. The prizes are non-transferable, cannot be modified and no cash refunds can be given.
5. The prize draw closes at midnight 31st October 2013.
6. Within seven days of the closing date, ten winners will be picked at random from all correct entries received by the competition closing time.
7. The winners will be contacted by email within seven days of the closing date requesting addresses for the purpose of posting the books.
8. Winners agree to having their names published on kiddicare.com and Kiddicare’s social media profiles.
9. The promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into
10. The promoter of this competition is Kiddicare whose principle place of trading is at Kiddicare.com Limited, 1 Club Way, Cygnet Park, Hampton, Peterborough, PE7 8JA
11. Kiddicare does not accept responsibility for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties.
12. The prize draw and these terms and conditions will be governed by English Law and any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.